BallyCara is owned and operated by the Queensland Hibernian Friendly Society (QHFS), a charitable organisation that has been serving the community of Queensland for over 115 years. BallyCara is a provider of Residential Care, HomeCare and Retirement Living and is forging new frontiers to enable people to live fulfilling lives regardless of age through the provision of individualised care, services, and contemporary community and accommodation infrastructure. Our positive active ageing approach is achieved through our SONA™ (Gaelic for happiness) ethos that ensures we:
- Embrace each individual to genuinely understand their background, skills and passions.
- Enhance their independence and community engagement in practical and motivating ways.
- Inspire each person to maintain control of their life, discover new opportunities and prosper with real happiness.
Founded in 1983 BallyCara is now recognised as an innovative leader of care, services and accommodation for older Australians and each day we continue to grow this offering by delivering significant community health and social benefits to older people through the implementation of in-home supports, community engagement and Wellness Programs.
We are open to God’s guidance at all times in the development of improved ways to serve the community. We encourage and value the participation of each person.
A community of happiness, respect and friendship.
Through our virtues of faith, hope and charity, we foster respectful and inclusive relationships whilst providing optimal care and services to ensure dignity, security and joy for members of our community.
- Human dignity and respect – by establishing positive relationships with those we support through BallyCara, their families and our colleagues
- Spirituality – through acknowledging our Christian foundations and in our openness to engaging with the faith and life experiences of others
- Professionalism and integrity – in our daily encounters with each other and through our commitment to ongoing professional and personal development
- Individuality and community – by balancing the needs of individuals with the aspirations and endeavours of our whole community
- Honesty and acceptance – in communicating openly and constructively With each other in a spirit of trust and harmony
- Compassion – through our reaching out to others in a spirit of faith, hope and love
The BallyCara Team
The BallyCara team is dedicated and committed to Inspiring healthy and happy living.
Queensland Hibernian Friendly Society
The Queensland Hibernian Friendly Society is a not-for-profit (charitable) organisation and public benevolent institution.