COVID Update – 11th January 2021
In response to the announcements made by the Queensland Premier and Chief Health Officer this morning about the greater Brisbane lockdown ending at 6:00pm, Monday 11th January please read correspondence sent to Residents, Clients, Families and Staff in our HomeCare, Residential, Retirement Village, Wellness and Staff service areas.
COVID Update – 8th January 2021
In response to the COVID-19 preventative measures announced by the Queensland Premier and Chief Health Officer this morning, BallyCara provides an important update regarding our Residential, Village, HomeCare, Wellness and STRC services.
Effective, Midnight Thursday 7th January in accordance with the Queensland Government Direction our Residential Aged Care Facilities – Hibernian and Sunnyside Villas went into lockdown with no visitors permitted. Exceptions will only be granted by our Residential Services Manager for visitation that supports end of life or maintaining continuity of care. Residents are not allowed to leave our Facilities unless it is to receive or access health care, attend a funeral, or in the case of an emergency.
As of 6:00pm Friday 8th January, the greater Brisbane area – including Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands will go into lockdown for 3 days (until 6:00pm Monday). Please read the important updates that will be enforced from 6:00pm today (8th January) for each of our BallyCara services across the previously mentioned locations.
BallyCara Retirement Village
As of close of business, Friday 8th January until further advised:
- All Village Residents must remain in their own home unless undertaking essential Shopping or Exercise in the local area.
- No Visitors are allowed on the BallyCara Retirement Village site unless they are providing essential services.
- The Emergency Response Team, Home Care and Wellness services will continue to be provided to Residents in their own homes as required.
- Contractors will not be permitted on site unless deemed an essential service and approval given by BallyCara management.
- Wearing a Face Mask is compulsory for anyone leaving their home (excluding children under 12 years of age).
- The BallyCara Wellness Centre Cafe, Gym, Pool and Health Clinic will be closed until further notice.
- No Chapel service on Sunday 10th January.
- Meals will be delivered to Residents in their own home – no communal dining.
- All Village Activities including Happy Hour, Games, and Library are ceased until further notice.
BallyCara HomeCare – Moreton Bay, Cabool, Brisbane North, Logan Regions
Please be assured that our HomeCare services are considered essential work and we will continue to support and care for our clients. Our staff are required to wear masks inside client’s homes when conducting all support and care services and will complete doorstep screening questions prior to entering.
BallyCara Wellness – Moreton Bay, Cabool, Brisbane North, Logan Region
Please be advised that all our BallyCara staff are essential workers and will continue to work. All in-home Wellness visits can continue with doorstop screening questions and the use of mandatory masks are to be worn until further notice.
The Wellness Centre, all HUBs (Brisbane North and Logan) and community groups will be closed/cancelled on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th January and a further update will be provided after this.
The Health Clinic (Scarborough and Wooloowin) will be closed on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th January and a further update will be provided after this.
BallyCara STRC Program
Please be assured that our STRC program staff are considered essential workers and we will continue to support and care for our program recipients in-home. Our staff are required to wear masks inside when conducting all support and care services and will complete doorstep screening questions prior to entering.
Please be assured we are continually monitoring updates and are in direct dialogue with health and government authorities with specific reference to support older people and other at-risk members of the community. As an essential frontline service, we reinforce our commitment to ensuring the delivery of safe and quality care, whilst recognising the need to make appropriate decisions in response to COVID-19 if required. If you have any concerns or comments please email us on email@example.com or phone 1300 272 222.